Dear Sweet Baby Girl #2,
Here we are in the third trimester. Where did the time go? Honestly baby girl, where did it go? I feel this pregnancy with you has gone so quickly, that I haven’t had much time to relish in these last few moments of carrying you under my heart. I just want time to stop, to keep you safe within my belly just a little bit longer…
So tonight, I am writing you this letter as a way to document our first nine months together. It’s my own way of freezing time with you. As if I am bottling it up in a time capsule, to keep forever.
I already know your a feisty little one. While I experienced small bouts of nauseous with your big sister, you have made your presents known from the very beginning. I could barely get off the couch for almost six weeks – living on Ritz Crackers and water. While I still cooked breakfast and lunches for your sister, Daddy has graciously taken over dinner. Maybe you knew how busy our lives would be and you wanted to make sure you didn’t get lost in the shuffle.
Trust me baby girl when I say that’s absolutely not possible. We have spent most days talking about you and preparing for your arrival. While things have started to come together, I must admit, I still feel completely unprepared. Honestly, its probably the hormones, but for some reason I feel I can’t make any decisions.
But here is what I do know:
- I know that you will arrive even if we haven’t selected a name…
- I know you will arrive even if your nursery isn’t finished…
- I know you will arrive even if I can’t decide on an outfit for your newborn photos…
- And I know that I already love you more than you will ever understand!
While I admit, many of these decisions are trivial, they are ones I enjoy contemplating. Although, it feels a little harder this time around. I think that’s because I want you to feel just as important and loved as your big sister.
I want your nursery to be a reflection of you, so you are given your own special touch. For you baby girl, I have chosen a grey and lavender color scheme with dragonflies. I wanted something that I felt could grow with you, making it the perfect choice. Finding the right decor is another story entirely…
It’s not just about getting everything ready for you, it’s also about you. I spend time dreaming you up in my mind. Will you be a blonde beauty like your big sister, a brunette like me, or will you get your fathers once bright red hair? Will you be a five pound peanut or chunky monkey? Will you be as wild and loud as I imagine? If so, should I choose a stronger name to match your spirit or a softer name for a delicate touch?
Since you no longer allow me to get much sleep at night, I have extra time to think about you and dream you up. Of course, nothing will be as good as finally getting to hold you in my arms!
Some last few details about this special time with you:
- I have been able to eat meat this entire pregnancy (minus the nauseous phrase where every food imaginable sounded awful.)
- Cheese has been a go to item! I often make myself a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch. Although I do crave cheese balls, mozzarella sticks, cheese fries, etc. (Luckily I have been good about only giving into those items a few times a month.)
- Lately its all about chicken and your Dad couldn’t be happier! While I am a meat eater, beef has always been my go to. Chicken just wasn’t my thing, until now, that is! Now, I am all about chicken salads, wraps, and sandwiches.
- The first time I felt you kick was in May. We were at the movie theater watching the Avengers: Age of Ultron.
- I had the ultrasound tech check three times to make sure you were in fact a girl! I couldn’t believe God was blessing us with another beautiful princess!
- You are an extremely active little girl, moving around all hours on the day and night! Kicking me harder than your sister ever did. Maybe that means you will be an amazing soccer player?! lol!
- When we ask your big sister what we should name you, she thought her name would be the best choice! Although, now she has taken to calling you “carrot baby!” Hehehe!
- Your big sister loves to rub my belly and bury her face in it to give you kisses!
- Tonight she declared you will play tea party with her!
So sweet baby girl of mine, I am going to relish in these last few moments of carrying you under my heart. I am going to freeze this time and bottle it up, if only for a moment… Then I am going to wrap you in my arms and whisper, “I love you to the moon and back.”
Copyrighted By: Boldly Bravely You