One, Two, Three…
There it is and just like that it’s gone. I feel like that is just how much time has past, but not in years. In seconds… Time is the tabistry of life. A fabric I am deperserately trying to cling to with every fiber of my being.
One, Two, Three…
That is how many seconds it took for you to go from baby to toddler. And within a matter of a few short months you will be leaving three behind forever. The visual in my mind is difficult to shake… I picture you waving good-bye to three and as you head down a dust road to greet number four. Leaving three to fade into the background, becoming a distant memory.
One, Two, Three…
While I feel as though there is something magical about each stage of life, I feel like 3 has been my favorite thus far. Or maybe 3 1/2. Either way, I love this number! A number that represents so much growth and development.
I love all the cute things you say!
- “I will go wiff (with) you!”
- “Yes, Imam.” (I am)
- “I NOT!” (You sound as though you have adopted a sophisticated European accent when you say this. It’s too cute!)
- “I’m free” (I’m three)
- “I wuv you!” (I love you!)
- “Not for now.” (When you don’t want to do something.)
- “You tell me! You tell me now!” (When you ask a question I do not know the answer to. Ex. What is her name? As we pass a random little girl in the grocery store.)
- “I have to stir my witches potion, mommy!” (As you stand on the step stool at the counter, donned with your superhero mask and cape, while stirring the eggs.)
- “Minnie and Mickey live in Forda and Calfona!” (Florida and California are two of the first four states you learned.)
- “I do it myself!”
- “Oooo, that’s spooky!”
- “Cuddle you Mommy.”
- “What it taste of?” (What does it taste like?)
- “Mmmmmm, that’s tasty.”
- “That’s yummy for my tummy.”
- *Dramatic Sigh* “I’m tired. I need to rest.”
I love the sweet songs you sing!
- “Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.” You started singing to your baby sister when she was in my tummy.
- “Go, Cubs, Go.” Daddy taught you this song over the summer. One day at preschool you began singing it to your teachers.
A few books you love! When you love a book you stick with it for weeks and even months on end.
- For months following your third birthday, Snow White and the Seven Dwarves was a must read.
- The Day The Crayons Quit
- What Makes a Rainbow
- Scaredy-Cat Splat – Halloween books are your all time favorite!
- The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid Of Anything
- Dr. Seuss ABC Book – Just within the last few weeks, you have memorized a majority of the content in the book. It’s amazing to listen to you!
Honestly, I could spend days adding to this post. Writing down every tidbit that makes you, my adorable girl, one amazing three year old! We have had a great year, haven’t we!? You have become quite the inquisitive, creative girl. Adventure fills your soul. It’s this sense of wonder and excitement that feed your need for exploration! How you love to be on the go, just like your mama!
So while I am over here, making the all preparations for your fourth birthday bash, just know how much I have loved three! All the beautiful, messy moments of it. Of course I will always enjoy planning your birthday‘s! They are beyond special. But all the little moments of your life that make up an entire year are truly the best parts. So three, forgive me. I just want to hold on to you a little longer.
Unfortunately, time is inevitable and it never seems to slows down. So I will do my best to savor these last few months of three. Savor it, as you continue down the road to four. Another wonderful year coming to a close, but a new adventure just waiting to begin.
Copyrighted By: Boldly Bravely You