Popsicles, Popsicles, & Popsicles
With the Summer heat in full swing, we are always looking for ways to cool down. Popsicles are one great way to beat the heat! My mom purchased these awesome Mickey Mouse popsicle molds from the Disney Store online. If you read my previous post, you know that my daughter is crazy about Mickey Mouse. So I definitely wanted to use these molds the first chance I got! The large ears made it easy for my daughter to hold her popsicle.
I decided to make a healthy version, adding new fruit into the rotation. For us, that meant Kiwi! I didn’t even know how to peel one at first. Thank YouTube! Strawberries and grapes are what I had on hand. Instead of using tap water, I purchased Coconut Water for a little added flavor.
- Fruit (Your Favorites)
- Coconut Water
- Popsicle Molds (Mickey Mouse ones are easy for toddlers to hold)
- Optional: Place spinach and a little water in the blend. Mix to a liquid consistency and add a little to each mold. Giving the popsicles a greenish color.
- Slice fruit and fill popsicle molds. Fill Coconut Water to the brim and place lids on top. Set the molds in freezer. (I placed my popsicles in the freezer that morning and they were ready for our after dinner treat!) Run molds under warm water for a few minutes in order to get the popsicles out.
What are your favorite Summer treats and popsicle recipes?
Copyrighted By: Boldly Bravely You
As a mom who advocates for car seat safety, I plan to keep my daughter rear facing as close to 4 years old as possible. Now, this is not without it’s challenges. One such issue, which arose, was the weather. Anyone living in the Midwest can tell you we go through seasons of extreme heat to extreme cold. This became a problem for our daughter. There were times when we would drive ten minutes to our destination, only to find out she was soaked with sweat. It didn’t matter that I had the air on high or that I let the car run for 5-10 minutes before getting in. So, I did what I always do in these situations. I went to the Car Seats for the Littles to seek advice. That’s where I learned about the NOGGLE! Click here to read their review. This handy little invention is something we couldn’t live without! Click here to check out the Noggle.
Here are 4 reasons why I LOVE the Noggle!
- The Noggle keeps our daughter cool during the long hot summers and warm during the blustery winters.
- Easy to install. (The instructions are VERY easy to follow. After the initial install, I was able to switch it between cars within a few minutes.)
- They come in different colors, prints, and sizes. (I purchased an 8ft. Noggle)
- The BEST part – they are approved by the Child Passenger Safety Technicians at the Car Seats for the Littles.
I can’t say enough good things about this product! The Noggle will allow her to rear face comfortably for the next few years. I love the easy install! While I typically leave the Noogle in my car, we have changed cars before. Removing and reinstalling the Noogle is VERY simple. My only complaint is that the Noggle can feel a little cumbersome in my compact car. But honestly, it’s a small price to keep her safe and comfortable. I have had the Noggle in my car for over a year now and hardly notice its there. At this point, its just part of the car and I would NOT change it.
I HIGHLY recommend purchasing a Noggle, if you haven’t do so!
To learn more about Car Seat Safety click here to see my previous post.
Copyrighted By: Boldly Bravely You